Why does my Refrigerator seem to run too much, or for too long?
Your Refrigerator might seem to run more than normal if:
- The room or outdoor temperature is hot. It's normal for the Refrigerator to work harder, and run longer, under these conditions.
- You use the ice maker, which can cause the unit to run more.
- The door has been opened frequently. If warm air has been allowed in to the Refrigerator, simply leave the door closed for awhile—the temperature will return to its desired setting.
- Your Refrigerator doors need to be completely closed.
- Your Refrigerator has recently been disconnected for a period of time. After it starts up again, it will work harder to cool down completely (which can take up to 12 hours).
To stabilize, set your Freezer control to a warmer setting, and allow 24 hours for the temperature to stabilize.